CHCECE003 – Provide care for children
Newbery Consulting is pleased to offer the unit of competency assessment packages in support the unit of competency CHCECE003 – Provide care for children (Release 4). The Package includes the complete assessment materials including:
- Assessment Mapping Guide
- Assessment Recording Tools
- Assessor Instructions
- Candidate Instructions
- Assessor Supporting Tools
Unit Description: This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to ensure children’s physical and emotional well-being is maintained and their self-sufficiency is nurtured.
This unit applies to people who work with children in a range of early education and care services.
Assessment Overview: This assessment package is made up of 5 assessment tasks.
- Assessment Task 1: Research Task – This task requires the candidate to complete a written response knowledge assessment involving 28 short response questions.
- Assessment Task 2: Observation – This task requires the candidate to be observed conducting a physical learning activity in a regulated education and care service.
- Assessment Task 3: Observation – This task requires the candidate to be observed settling children on arrival at the regulated education and care service. The candidate must demonstrate their skills of looking for signs of distress and responding in a calm, reassuring manner to the children and families upon arrival and encouraging the family to take as much time as needed to have a relaxed, unhurried separation from their child.
- Assessment Task 4: Portfolio – The candidate must collect a range of evidence of their participation in a regulated education and care service and demonstrate through pieces of work and a written reflection of how they have identified, implemented and evaluated each of the following tasks in the workplace.
- Supplementary Evidence: Supervisor Report: The assessor will have an interview with the workplace supervisor to discuss the candidate’s workplace performance.
Recommended Learning Resources: The learning resource recommended to be used in support of this assessment package is the text: The Early Childhood Educator for Certificate III, 2nd Edition. This is an excellent text and is available from McGraw Hill Education (click here) for only $99.95 per student.
Other Information: To purchase this product, please select “Add to Basket” and complete the purchase form and checkout with a credit card. You can add multiple assessment packages to your basket and checkout with one single payment. At checkout, you also have the option to complete the purchase form and download an invoice outlining the payment options including payment via EFT.
Once payment is received, the product together with the licence will be emailed directly to your nominated email account the next working day (Mon – Fri). Payment via credit card results in payments being received immediately. Payment via EFT can take up to 3-5 business days to transfer between bank accounts. The listed price is inclusive of GST.
This package includes all documents issued in Word format under an End User Licence Agreement and Warranty (Download Example). In purchasing this product, you agree to the End User Licence Agreement. Newbery Consulting Terms and Conditions Apply.
Contact us to request a sample assessment package: Request a Sample.
If you have any questions, please send us an email via our contact form.