CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
Newbery Consulting is pleased to offer the unit of competency assessment packages in support the unit of competency CHCECE005 – Provide care for babies and toddlers (Release 4). The Package includes the complete assessment materials including:
- Assessment Mapping Guide
- Assessment Recording Tools
- Assessor Instructions
- Candidate Instructions
- Assessor Supporting Tools
Unit Description: This unit describes the skills and knowledge required by educators working with babies and toddlers to ensure that the children’s physical and emotional well-being is maintained.
This unit applies to work with babies and toddlers from birth to 24 months in a range of early education and care contexts.
Assessment Overview: This assessment package is made up of 5 assessment tasks.
- Assessment Task 1: Research Task – The candidate will answer a number of short response questions relating to the unit of competency.
- Assessment Task 2: Observation – The candidate will be observed changing two nappies and helping one toddler with toileting. The purpose of the session is to demonstrate knowledge and practice of ethical nappy changing and toileting practices of toddlers
- Assessment Task 3: Observation – The candidate will be observed preparing and bottle feeding a baby to demonstrate knowledge and practice of preparing bottle feeds and feeding an infant.
- Assessment Task 4: Observation – The candidate will be observed settling a baby to rest to demonstrate knowledge and practice of implementing safe sleep practices and quality sleeping environments.
- Assessment Task 5: Observation The candidate will be observed creating a learning environment suitable for babies and toddlers. The assessor will observe the candidate supervising and interacting with babies and toddlers in the designed learning environment.
Recommended Learning Resources: The learning resource recommended to be used in support of this assessment package is the text: The Early Childhood Educator for Certificate III, 2nd Edition. This is an excellent text and is available from McGraw Hill Education (click here) for only $99.95 per student.
Other Information: To purchase this product, please select “Add to Basket” and complete the purchase form and checkout with a credit card. You can add multiple assessment packages to your basket and checkout with one single payment. At checkout you also have the option to complete the purchase form and download an invoice outlining the payment options including payment via EFT.
Once payment is received, the product together with the licence will be emailed directly to your nominated email account the next working day (Mon – Fri). Payment via credit card results in payments being received immediately. Payment via EFT can take up to 3-5 business days to transfer between bank accounts. The listed price is inclusive of GST.
This package includes all documents issued in Word format under an End User Licence Agreement and Warranty (Download Example). In purchasing this product, you agree to the End User Licence Agreement. Newbery Consulting Terms and Conditions Apply.
Contact us to request a sample assessment package: Request a Sample.
If you have any questions, please send us an email via our contact form.