HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Newbery Consulting is pleased to offer the unit of competency assessment packages in support the unit of competency HLTAID003 – Provide first aid (Release 6). The Package includes the complete assessment materials including:
- Assessment Mapping Guide
- Assessment Recording Tools
- Assessor Instructions
- Candidate Instructions
- Candidate Response Document
Unit Description: This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Assessment Overview: This assessment package is made up of 2 assessment tasks.
- Assessment Task 1: Knowledge Assessment – Candidates must complete a written responses (60 questions) knowledge assessment. This assessment is recommended to be conducted over 90 minutes.
- Assessment Task 2: Performance Assessment – Candidates must demonstrate the skills and applied knowledge in a series of practical assessment tasks based on first aid scenarios. This assessment is recommended to be conducted over 90 minutes. These tasks include assessment of the following:
- Performance assessment – Providing CPR and AED for an adult and CPR for an infant
- Performance assessment – Allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Performance assessment – Asthma & Respiratory distress
- Performance assessment – Fracture (closed)
- Performance assessment – Bleeding / Shock
- Performance assessment – Choking and airway obstruction
- Performance assessment – Spider Bite (Funnel-web Spider)
- Performance assessment – Sprains and Strains
Other Information: To purchase this product, please select “Add to Basket” and complete the purchase form and checkout with a credit card. You can add multiple assessment packages to your basket and checkout with one single payment. At checkout you also have the option to complete the purchase form and download an invoice outlining the payment options including payment via EFT.
Once payment is received, the product together with the licence will be emailed directly to your nominated email account the next working day (Mon – Fri). Payment via credit card results in payments being received immediately. Payment via EFT can take up to 3-5 business days to transfer between bank accounts. The listed price is inclusive of GST.
This package includes all documents issued in Word format under an End User Licence Agreement and Warranty (Download Example). In purchasing this product, you agree to the End User Licence Agreement and our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions, please send us an email via our contact form.