|Hello and welcome to VET News,
We had an overwhelming response to our new compliance quiz. We have updated the quiz as promised with new questions and you can give it a go at the following link: New Compliance Quiz. Many clients are using the quiz to share with trainers and admin staff as a fun way of building knowledge and understanding of compliance which really is its purpose. Fantastic!
I just want to make a quick couple of points about ASQA this week:
Firstly, ASQAnet. We interact with ASQAnet a lot on behalf of clients and are constantly frustrated by this software platform which is rife with glitches and functional design problems. Obviously I give my feedback to ASQA about this in my own unique way and to their credit, they welcome the feedback because it gives them the data needed to get it fixed. Well, I am on a mission to help ASQA fix that flawed software. Who else has got to the end of an application and hit the submit button and received some type of error message and then needed to build the application again? Who has uploaded and submitted evidence only to have ASQA come back to you three weeks later and say they never received any evidence? I wouldn’t say this happens all the time, but it happens frequently enough to be a problem that needs to be fixed. I would absolutely encourage you to give your feedback to ASQA when you experience any problem with ASQAnet. They love getting this feedback to their feedback email which is email@example.com. Even if it is a minor issue, it all helps ASQA to fix this system so that if functions properly.
Secondly, new audit focus. We observed a significant shift this week in the audit focus taken by ASQA in its new performance assessment model. For the first time in almost seven years, ASQA are now interested in your policies and procedures. This is a shift from focusing totally on outcomes to also include a more structured consideration of your arrangements or policies and procedures. In a recently received pre-audit request for training and assessment documents, ASQA has requested (amongst other things):
- policies and procedures that support you to ensure that the training and assessment delivered aligns with the requirements of the standards,
- policies and procedures relating to industry engagement,
- policies and procedures relating to validation,
- policies and procedures relating to professional development of trainers and assessors,
- policies and procedures (internal and for third parties if applicable) that support your organisation to ensure the accuracy of marketing and enrolment documents, and
- policies and procedures relating to organisational governance including complaints and continuous improvement.
I thought this was worth sharing to give everyone a heads up to maybe take a look at your policy arrangements and consider how these are being applied in support of your compliance.
Please invite others to subscribe to VET News: Subscribe to VET News