According to the ABS seasonally adjusted data, there are approximately 13,016,600 employed people in Australia. Over the past five years, employment across all industries has increased by 9.1 per cent. The median age for workers in Australia is 39 years and median weekly earnings are around $1,150 per week. Education and Training employs approximately 1,089,600 persons, accounting for 8.4 per cent of the total workforce. Employment in education has increased by 17.5 per cent over the past five years and indicated the median age for education workers is 42 years and with a median weekly earnings of around $1,266 per week.